Sunday 14 April 2024

Race 28 of 60 @ 60: Loughrigg

Back to the Lake District and the oh so serious business of full kit check and the major undertaking of a four mile out and back, flagged and with the first and last mile on an unmissable track. It was a grey drizzly evening and I didn’t really fancy it before we started so I told Nick that he could have the win, I wouldn’t be bothering him. I didn’t get involved in the dash for the bridge at the start but once we got on to the steep roady bit I started to overtake people and close Nick down, passing before we got to the wet bit.

Strange how you can turn up for a run not feeling like it at all but then really get going once you set off. I use the same mental trick on myself for training runs sometimes too, telling myself that I’ll just go out for a mile or two then end up doing five or six. Sorry about that Nick.

Results: 91st/169 V60: 4th/13 Time: 41:23
Distance: 6.4km Climb: 330m


No comments:

Post a Comment