Monday 5 August 2024

Race 49 of 60 @ 60: Farleton Knott

This was a tough one for me. Having suffered from some soreness in front of my left hip for a while now, it has been increasingly difficult to get a good start. Not knowing the exact start time of the senior race at BOFRA events, an effective warm up isn't easy to achieve and as I launched into the race I felt a sharp pain. I limped a few metres to compose myself but by the the time I could break into a jog two of my V60 rivals were gone. The exit from the field is tight and there's virtually no possibility of overtaking on the steep climb thanks to the narrowness of the path between the gorse. I arrived at the top with a bunch of people to pass to even get close and I knew that the game was up. Paul and Chris both ran well so I bagged 3rd V60. Not a disaster but I need a rest - something I'll not be getting any time soon.

Passing a few as the course
opens up at the top

Results: 41st/96  V60: 3rd/11  Time: 28:00
Distance: 4.2km  Climb: 457m

No comments:

Post a Comment