Monday 12 August 2024

Race 50 of 60 @ 60: Whittle Pike

 A tough little race up on the moors above Cowpe which I really like as a route so I set off with intent to do as well as I could. Dave Naughton and a couple of other V60's passed me at the top of the first of the three climbs so I put in an effort to get back at them on the downhill but just as I overtook all but Dave I got my foot in a hole, twisted my ankle and crashed to the floor, landing on my right shoulder. That hurt and the rest of the race didn't go too well. Finished though, and nearly in the top half.

50 races in and time to take stock. I'm running at much the same level as I was 10 years ago, finishing slightly higher up the field than then and just as likely to get into the top half. All despite running more in Cumbria, where the competition is hotter, and completing the 50 in two months less. Shouldn't grumble but I still want to be winning every once in a while!

Results: 42nd/83  V60-69: 5th/13  Time: 1:07:23
Distance: 8.2km  Climb: 488m

No comments:

Post a Comment