Thursday 28 March 2024

We Need to Talk About Chevin: Race 24 of 60 @ 60

I chose this race over Causey Pike or Boulsworth Bog because it allowed me time to get over the M62 to the Toughsheet Stadium in time for the match at 3 o'clock. The game was postponed with the implausible explanation being that Bolton have too many current international players in the squad. As I'd already entered I took on the interminable drive down the A65 and in the end, I really enjoyed the race.

It's nearly all in the woods, although it does pop out on to the moor briefly, and it consists of a series of ups and downs on paths between the road and the moor. Not a fell race in the Lake District sense but still a properly hard race, evidenced by the DNF rate of 7 from 88 starters. I'm doing more in Yorkshire than anywhere else at the moment - how long can I let that go on?

Bloody Campervans!

Results: 29th/81  V60: 2nd/9  Time: 1:31:04
Distance: 14km  Climb: 650m

No comments:

Post a Comment