Saturday 8 June 2024

Race 38 of 60 @ 60: Red Moss Kips

Edinburgh seems a long way to go for a relatively straightforward 10km fell race but when it starts 3 miles from your eldest grandchildren’s front door it’s hard to say no. For reasons I don’t fully understand, the massive, empty car park where we register is closed to runners so son-in-law Andrew and I cycle the 3 miles uphill at a leisurely pace.  At the start I try to get away fast but Andrew is quicker than me on the traily bits and passes long before the real hill starts but never really gets away. I take my opportunity on the downhill but have 4km of easy trail left to hang on to my lead. That was hard – a real battle but I take the win, just.

At the presentation I’m awarded the first V60 prize but that turns out to be an error. 2nd again, for the 9th time out of 38 races. I’m keeping the beer though.

Result: 73rd/130 V60: 2nd/8 Time: 59:56
Distance: 10.5km Climb: 350m


No comments:

Post a Comment