Tuesday 4 June 2024

Race 37 of 60 @ 60: Pen-y-Ghent

Race 37 of 60@60 was also race 500 on the Big Spreadsheet of Fell Races so I had hoped that it would be a race to remember. I’ve raced it a few times before and I like the course but this time round it didn’t go well. Recovery from the longer events is proving to take more than a week these days so I was tired at the top of the climb and slowed almost to a standstill on the long section of Pennine Way which drops us back into the village. That particular long distance path remains quite high on my fuckit list of things I hope never to do before I die. Pen-y-Ghent is a nice hill though and I may go back to try again another year.


Descending towards Hull Pot

Results: 96th/167 V60: 10th/21 Time: 1:12:30
Distance: 10.5km Climb: 564m

No comments:

Post a Comment