Monday 14 October 2024

Race 59 of 60 @ 60: Withins

Having recently concentrated on the BOFRA Championship and other short form races, this is the furthest I've run in ages. Uncertain as to whether my hip would hold out for the whole race I set off really steady and carried on steady over the boggy top of The Stoop. Trying not to overstride on the descent through the ruins of Top Withins lost me more time so in the end I was happy to be straggling in well off the pace but not in too much pain. Somewhat slower than 10 years ago when, reading my account of that race, I also had a poor run. Never mind all that. It's in the bag, with just one more to go. I really hope to get a bit better in time for The Screes in two weeks.

Coming out of the quarry at the start

Results: 107th/183 V60: 14th/22 Time: 1:04:10 
Distance: 10.1km Climb: 300m

No comments:

Post a Comment