Friday 19 July 2024

Race 45 of 60 @ 60: Reston Scar Scamper

Another fantastic little race, local but new to me - I don't know how I've missed it before. The evening was warm and still but misty and trying to rain without ever managing to produce the cooling shower that I needed. The start is flat and roady and everybody seemed to fly off the stat line leaving me further back than I would normally hope to be. It must be a decent field of keen runners, missing the England semi-final against Switzerland but when we hit the first hill my position gets even worse. People pass me on every climb and I only get into my stride on the downhill. After five races in just over a two week period I'm tired.

Results: 69th/90  V60: 4th/7  Time: 34:31
Distance: 6km  Climb: 301m

No comments:

Post a Comment