Friday 28 June 2024

Race 41 of 60 @ 60: Aggies Staircase

This is a race that I organised a few times, what seems like a lifetime ago, so I'm happy to see that it is still going and that it's still well supported, despite the clash with another disappointing performance by the England men's football team. It would have been a nice one to win and I thought that perhaps the rota of V60's taking turns to beat me would have left an opening because of the match - no such luck - second again!

The route is very varied with some sections more overgrown than ever and the footpath erosion worse than I remember it. The tricky bits are joined up by obvious paths which, slippery and difficult for the David Staff Race in November, become very hard packed in the dry conditions. The heat was uncomfortable but I felt I had done ok so was disappointed to see that my time was the worst of my eight goes at the race by some distance. My time from my most recent attempt, admittedly seven years ago, would have won the V60 class easily.

Approaching the tower for the second time.
Photo from Simon Fox

Results: 25th/99  V60: 2nd/15  Time: 40:53
Distance: 6.4km  Climb: 350m

No comments:

Post a Comment